Is Your Move On Hold?
Due to the current stay-at-home recommendations from all forms of government and well, actually, it's the right thing to do, now is the time to look at your current home and ask some questions. Questions that will help you once you decide it's the right time to move forward and look for that new home. Questions that will give you the answers you need when we start looking for your new home (oh yes, I can help you with that). Consider these:
Right now, sitting in your living room, or whatever room you are in right now -
What's working for you and What's Not?
- What is your current home's best and worst qualities?
- What is your favourite room and will that be a huge decision maker on your next home?
- Is the current style (2 storey or bungalow) working for you right now?
- Does the current type (condominium, detached, semi-detached) fit your lifestyle?
- Too many updates or upgrades required?
Ebb & Flow:
- Do you need more Zen?
- What about the layout - open concept?
- What about the space - more bedrooms, more washrooms, finished basement?
- Do you need a home office, or main floor laundry room?
- What about the finishes (hardwood floors, lighting)?
- Do you enjoy your garden (or gardening)?
- Do you require more outdoor space, bigger yard or bigger patio?
- What about garage space (more or less)?
- How much time do you wish to spend outside?
- Is your outdoor space private enough?
- Does your current home have curb appeal. If not, will you be making it better?
- Are the schools your children are currently attending important to you?
- Is transportation close to you, or shopping or restaurants?
- Do you want a more vibrant or quiet lifestyle?
- If you are considering a lifestyle transition really think what will be important to you (check out my A Seniors Moment™ page for more on Lifestyle Transition)