What if you cannot have my team of videographers or photographers come in to record a Virtual Tour? What if health reasons require that no-one else comes into your home? Here are some ideas that I can share with you:
- Clean and organize your home as you would do for a normal open house
- Turn on all lights
- Plot your route - generally it is from your front curb to your front door, walking the first floor, then the second floor, the basement if it is finished and then the backyard.
- Keep family members and pets out of view (and don’t forge the Laptop, iPad, etc.)
- If using your phone, put in airplane mode that so your video is not ruined by an incoming call or text.
Some Virtual Tours are made up from still photographs so once taken by your phone, you can then email them to me, so they can be uploaded onto the MLS® system and sent to my photographer to produce a Virtual Tour. This will then be uploaded onto the MLS® system and by me as well, once completed. My Virtual Tours include a voice over so that potential homebuyers know the highlights of the home while they are watching the video.
Recording a Virtual Tour can be a little more time consuming and timing is important as some social media platforms suggest a limited time to keep the interest going. Too long and people will clue out. This is where plotting your route will help you immensely.
- Start your tour with a pan of the street before approaching your front door. Talk about the neighbourhood, schools and characteristics of living there - why did you choose the home?
- Continue to narrate as you walk through the home commenting on the features, like updated kitchen or baths, the floors, the window treatments, etc.
- Open closed doors as you go.
- Pan your smartphone up and down as you go (not too quickly)
- Narrate the story of your home, not your life in the home. Avoid using personal details.
As the Province continues to lift or ease certain restrictions, more and more of the services I offer can be used - if your health is not an issue. Please give me a call at 416 995 2187 when you are ready to list, or contact me here - I am here to help you.